Accessibility statement for Wyre Council websites
This website is run by Wyre Council. We also provide two microsites: Wyretheatres.co.uk and Discoverwyre.co.uk. We want as many people as possible to be able to use our websites. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
Change the text size
You can use your browser to change text size for this website.
- Internet Explorer: Select the “View” menu, then “Text size”
- Chrome: Select the “More” menu in the top right, next to ‘Zoom’ choose the zoom options that you want
- Firefox: Select the “View” menu, then “Zoom” or “Zoom text only”
- Safari: Select the “View” menu, then “Make text bigger” or “Make text smaller”
- Opera: Select the “View” menu, then “Zoom”
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- You cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- Some newer PDF documents (published after 23/09/2018) are not fully accessible because they are particularly large, or the content is owned by a third party provider.
- Some pages and document attachments are not written in plain English
- Some tables do not have row headings
- Some documents have poor colour contrast
- Some heading elements are not consistent
- Some images do not have image descriptions (alt-text)
- The quiz has elements that are not fully accessible due using a plugin that is developed by a third party provider
- The Tips boards has elements that are not fully accessible due using a plugin that is developed by a third party provider
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website.
If you need information on this website in a different format like a paper copy, plain text electronic document, accessible PDF, large print, or braille, please contact us:
Call: 01253 89 76 23 or 01253 88 76 16
Write to: The Digital and Web Officer
Communications and marketing team
Wyre Council, Civic centre, Breck Rd Poulton-le-Fylde FY6 7PN
We will consider your request and get back to you in 5 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact the Web Officer.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No.2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
We provide an audio induction loop service for people who are deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Wyre Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.